[mythtv-users] 0.25: since 10 days PVR-500 fails to tune?

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Tue May 31 20:26:37 UTC 2011

On 05/31/2011 03:53 PM, Herman Kuiper wrote:
>> If this is just in Live TV, go into mythtv-setup and set the channel to
>> tune.  If this happens with regular recordings,
>> http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/mythtv/users/264034#264034
>
> I'm pretty sure I've followed all steps there (I even deleted all
> capture cards), except for one bit: I'm based in the Netherlands, and
> a channel scan resulted in no channels (as the cable companies over
> here do not use any of the "fixed" channels, but specific frequencies)
> and the "fetch channels" didn't do anything (the text is a bit
> ambiguous what to do as non-USA analog source user).
>
> So I added the channels by hand, and filled in the frequencies which
> were there before.
>
> End of story: same symptoms - LiveTV just returns, recordings fail
> (regular related log fragments attached).
>
> Any other ideas on what is wrong?

Well, that's almost definitely the problem.  I have some idea how the
MythTV channel scanner works, but have no idea what state your data is
in when it's all just hand-poked into the DB.  :)

I have a feeling that the proper solution is for you to use the channel
scanner to get your channels, and that there's an approach that would
allow it to work even with your provider's configuration.
Unfortunately, I don't know know what that approach is.  Perhaps someone
else from the Netherlands can help you figure out how to scan your
channels with the MythTV channel scanner?

Mike