[mythtv-users] Error: Setting hardware audio buffer size to 6016

Dan Wilga mythtv-users2 at dwilga-linux1.amherst.edu
Tue May 31 13:27:39 UTC 2011

On 5/30/11 7:23 PM, Jean-Yves Avenard wrote:
> On 24 May 2011 00:44, Dan Wilga<mythtv-users2 at dwilga-linux1.amherst.edu>  wrote:
>
>> FWIW, I, too, started seeing this warning with recent (I just
>> re-compiled 5/20) 0.24-fixes releases. In my case, I was able to get rid
>> of it with these lines, which I also added to my rc.local:
>>
> Did you see request to allocate the audio buffer to 6016kB when just
> trying to play stereo content ??

I can't say for sure, since these logs have since been rotated out. But
it's quite likely that the source was OTA AC-3 (the original MPEG-2
stream from an HDHR), the stereo portion of which would go to the
monitor's built-in speakers via /dev/adsp. I've since changed this setup
quite a bit, so I don't have an easy way to figure out which recordings
were causing the warning.