[mythtv-users] Mything thomething

Simon Hobson linux at thehobsons.co.uk
Sun May 29 14:33:21 UTC 2011

jedi wrote:

>    If you're manually scanning through the guide then you aren't really
>doing things right. At the very least you should be searching through the
>guide.

I disagree.

I too will sometimes just go and browse a film channel looking for
things that "look interesting". However, if I do spot something I'd
like to record, I'll set a rule to "find and record one showing"
rather than just recording the showing I've found. That way I get to
record individual films/programmes, while still letting the scheduler
do it's magic.

In general, there is no rule I could set that would get many (any ?)
of the films I've picked like that lately, while not also
overwhelming the system with stuff I wouldn't watch.

--
Simon Hobson