[mythtv-users] Mything thomething

Martin Moores moores.martin at gmail.com
Sat May 28 08:07:48 UTC 2011

On 28 May 2011 08:47, Nick Rout <nick.rout at gmail.com> wrote:

> Back to the OP's beef, setup of channels, specifically on dvb (and
> specifically without schedules direct assistance).
>
> Since around 0.23 I have seen many beefs about scanning simply not
> working, and the complaints continue to this day. So lets hear which
> developers, or others who say everything is fine, have in fact set up
> a new DVB system from scratch on 0.24, without importing some previous
> database settings for their tuner setup.
>
> I haven't, my channel setup survives from either 0.20 or 0.21. In view
> of the number of messages I have seen about this I would hate to lose
> my database and start again, I just don't have confidence in myth's
> channel scanning, based on the messages I have seen here and on
> mythbuntu forums.
>
> In a similar vein, how many devs or git master users actually
> regression test by setting up a system from scratch? There is a
> difference between updating a live system with working tuners on the
> one hand and setting up a system from bare metal on the other.
>
> Don't get me wrong, I love my myth system, I value this community, I
> pay daily homage to the devs and I wish I had the time to put in some
> serious coding or doco writing. I just thought I should point out my
> observations on setup.
>
> Cheers, N

My system was setup from scratch on 0.24, nothing kept from old system at
all.  Personally, I have had zero problems and have found 0.24 much better
than 0.22 or 0.23.  The only hassle I had was matching up xmltv numbers with
channels for listing data grabbing, as there is no easy way of doing that,
so it was a manual task.  So all good here!

Cheers

Martin