[mythtv-users] Mything thomething

Robert McNamara robert.mcnamara at gmail.com
Sat May 28 03:03:03 UTC 2011

On Fri, May 27, 2011 at 7:59 PM, Robert McNamara
<robert.mcnamara at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Fri, May 27, 2011 at 7:44 PM, Jay Ashworth <jra at baylink.com> wrote:
>

>> Alas, there *is* a step 5: mourn all the TV shows you lost on your *live
>> production device* that were recorded after the upgrade, and for which you
>> now have media files, but no way to recover the DB entries that match them.

Oh, and another-- there have been plans in the works for a while to
allow XML export of recording and video metadata into the recording
and video dir, which would be picked up by a housekeeper service and
reimported.  So basically, you'd add a step in there where you
exported the XML files for all the new stuff, and then when you
started the system back up, when the housekeeper ran it would reimport
that data into the old DB.  One of the devs had this working a while
back with recordings on an external USB drive, but I think some other
stuff distracted him.

Robert