[mythtv-users] installing drivers for the PCTV nanoStick T2 290e

Roy Thompson roy at haematic.org
Thu May 26 09:07:05 UTC 2011

 On Thu, 26 May 2011 09:38:41 +0100, Duncan Brown wrote:
> Hi Guys
>
> I've got one of the new PCTV nanosticks arriving today, and have been
> having a few issues installing the drivers for it.
>
> I can build and install the drivers using the media_build script,
> however it seems the new drivers for the mceusb receiver that then
> get
> installed cause my remote not to work.
>
> Could someone explain the best way of either just installing the
> required cxd2820r driver for the nanostick, or preventing the install
> of
> the newer mceusb driver
>
> Thanks
>
> Dunc

 I believe you can run "make menuconfig" in the media_build folder to
 select which
 modules to build and unselect "Remote control adapters".

 By default media_build is configured to build all modules.

 If you've already done a full install and it has replaced your previous
 rc modules
 in /lib/modules/<kernel version>/kernel/drivers/media/rc you may need
 to reinstall
 your existing kernel modules first.

 Either that or keep a backup of /lib/modules/<kernel
 version>/kernel/drivers/media/rc
 and replace what media_build copies over in that folder.

 I guess there is the danger that the old rc modules do not work with
 some of the newer
 core v4l code.

 Roy