[mythtv-users] Fedora 15, mythtv 0.24-fixes compile cannot enable v4l and ivtv

Raymond Wagner raymond at wagnerrp.com
Thu May 26 02:55:21 UTC 2011

On 5/25/2011 22:04, N. Voss wrote:
> ./configure --enable-ivtv --enable-v4l | egrep "(v4l|ivtv)"
>
> I have been compiling my own fixes branch on Fedora system since 2003. I
> recently upgraded to Fedora 15, because I was having other issues with
> my system. It was an upgrade so all of the same packages are there.
>
> Now I cannot compile 0.24-fixes with v4l and ivtv enabled:
>
>> ./configure --enable-ivtv --enable-v4l | egrep -i "(v4l|ivtv|video4)"
> Video4Linux sup.          no
> ivtv support              noistinfo/mythtv-users

You are running the 2.6.38 kernel.  The 2.6.38 kernel removed the V4L1
ioctls, and more importantly the V4L1 headers which MythTV used to fall
back on with old tuners that had not yet been updated to the V4L2 interface.

Please see one of the multiple pre-existing threads on this topic:

http://www.mythtv.org/pipermail/mythtv-users/2011-May/315337.html
http://www.mythtv.org/pipermail/mythtv-users/2011-May/315477.html
http://www.mythtv.org/pipermail/mythtv-users/2011-May/315576.html
http://www.mythtv.org/pipermail/mythtv-users/2011-May/315598.html