[mythtv-users] WD15EARS WD Green drives

jedi jedi at mishnet.org
Tue May 24 15:55:47 UTC 2011

On Tue, May 24, 2011 at 07:48:09AM -0400, John Drescher wrote:
> > 4 weeks; one  WDC WD20EARS-00MVWB0 already dead...
> >
> > Not too happy...
>
> This will happen with all drive manufacturers. At least I have seen
> this with Seagate, WDC, Hitachi and Samsung at work.

   I have a WD20EARS-00MVWB0 that has been chugging along happily for
6 months now. You are bound to be unlucky sooner or later. I don't think
the WD problem is a sign of a bigger issue.

   I don't think it's a case of Western Digital catching whatever it was
that Seagate had 2 years ago... '-)

   You just have to be vigilant in general and take steps to safeguard
your data as appropriate for what is is and how important it is to you.