[mythtv-users] pcHDTV 5500 not working with 0.24

Robert McNamara robert.mcnamara at gmail.com
Tue May 24 03:28:07 UTC 2011

On Mon, May 23, 2011 at 8:20 PM, Saul A Peebsen <jaglover at gmail.com> wrote:

> Thank you for your help. What is the outlook, V4L1 is dead for kernel
> developers, is analog dead for MythTV?

No, It's just superseded by v4l2, which has been around for years and
years... we were just never forced to divorce ourselves from some of
the old API calls until now.  The problem is solved in master (and
thus, for .25) but a solution is needed for those in the awkward
in-between phase of .24 + 2.6.38.  We've been discussing it and a fix
should be committed to .24-fixes in the nearish future (not hours, not
weeks, probably days).

Robert