[mythtv-users] Problems building Myth with GL ES support

Mark Kendall mark.kendall at gmail.com
Tue May 24 00:57:49 UTC 2011

On 24 May 2011 06:53, Tom Flair <lists at graniteskies.net> wrote:
> Howdy.
>
> I've been trying to build Myth using GL ES support but keep running into the
> same errors.  I'm using mesa, libdrm and xf86-video-ati built from git.
> This also happens on my master backend using the nVidia blob and the current
> official releases of Mesa/libdrm.   If I disable GL ES in the config, the
> Myth builds fine.  If I disable GL ES support in Mesa, and leave the
> configure alone, it builds fine.
>
> Is it supposed to be an either/or scenario or is Myth's GL ES support really
> dependent on Mesa?

It's been a while since I worked on it, but a few things to bear in mind:-

- OpenGL ES 1.x is not supported (and never will be)
- configure detects OpenGL ES 2.0 support based upon the presence of GLES2/gl2.h
- from memory, that header is provided by a mesa package (unless you
manually add it and a few others)

All of my testing was done either using the nvidia proprietary driver
with the PVRVFrame emulation library or directly on an early
Beagleboard.

> In file included from mythrender_opengl.cpp:13:0:
> mythrender_opengl2es.h: In member function 'virtual void
> MythRenderOpenGL2ES::InitProcs()':
> mythrender_opengl2es.h:25:57: error: 'glCreateShader' was not declared in
> this scope

This looks like gl2.h isn't available.

Out of interest, any particular reason you're compiling with ES support?

regards

Mark