[mythtv-users] How to put MythVideo storage groups back in?

Steven Adeff adeffs.mythtv at gmail.com
Mon May 23 15:49:11 UTC 2011

On Mon, May 23, 2011 at 11:44 AM, Robert McNamara
<robert.mcnamara at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Mon, May 23, 2011 at 8:41 AM, Steven Adeff <adeffs.mythtv at gmail.com> wrote:
>> sorry, yes, I did do a rescan, my video locations no longer mount to
>> my remote frontends so it is strictly streaming them now.
> OK, cool.  Just wanted people to understand that a rescan was
> necessary to "correct" the metadata, as it's easy to see why people
> would assume that it had all worked without doing so, since what you
> described above would also work, you just wouldn't be using the
> storage groups).  That said, it occurred to me after sending the reply
> that you had likely scanned at *some* point since then, and therefore
> the process had taken place at some point.

yea, like you said, scanning ends up just being one of those things
that gets done so much I forgot to bother mentioning it.

brings up a question though, how does JAMU involve with all this? I
didn't make any changes to JAMU and it still seems to be running
properly on new videos, so I assume nothing needs to be done, but
perhaps I was just lucky in that my arrangement made the move easier
and no requirement for changes to how JAMU runs. This may be an issue
for others though?

Before you ask, read the FAQ!
then search the Wiki, and this list,
Mailinglist etiquette -