[mythtv-users] Playback problem -- random short pauses

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Mon May 23 15:42:21 UTC 2011

If you want to prevent all the "random short pauses" that occur during
playback, simply change your Playback Profile group such that you never
use VDPAU decoding.  Use ffmpeg decode with VDPAU rendering, and all
works well.  The only pauses you'll see is the at-recording-start/stop
pauses (which is a completely separate and unrelated problem).

Oh, also, I'm not using VDPAU deinterlacing, but I haven't tried whether
use of VDPAU deinterlace causes the problems even when using ffmpeg
decode (but if so, that would be very valuable information for helping
track down the root cause).

Mike