[mythtv-users] How to put MythVideo storage groups back in?

Raymond Wagner raymond at wagnerrp.com
Mon May 23 15:26:47 UTC 2011

On 5/23/2011 11:15, Neil Bird wrote:
>     So a while back, as I still needed to use external apps. to play some
> videos, I disabled the use of video storage groups.  I'd now like to
> re-enable them, as I think Myth is successfully playing everything I can
> throw at it, and I'd like to see if I can get MythWeb videos working
> (“MythWeb now requires use of the Videos Storage Group”).

MythWeb Videos is really broken.  Switching to storage groups will not
fix it.  It simply needs to be rewritten to use the proper backend
protocol calls.

>     And the biggest question, I suppose:  will a rescan afterwards keep all
> my metadata (presuming I get the directories correct)?

Since 0.23, all content in MythVideo is hashed.  If you rename it, or
change directories, or migrate from local folders to storage groups, it
doesn't matter.  So long as that video exists somewhere in the paths
defined for scanning, MythVideo will find it and update the location.