[mythtv-users] Best VDPAU card for under $50

AGELATOS Athanasios Athanasios.Agelatos at intrasoft-intl.com
Mon May 23 14:48:44 UTC 2011

See below:

-----Original Message-----
From: mythtv-users-bounces at mythtv.org [mailto:mythtv-users-bounces at mythtv.org] On Behalf Of GZ
Sent: Monday, May 23, 2011 12:55 AM
To: Discussion about MythTV
Subject: Re: [mythtv-users] Best VDPAU card for under $50

On Sun, May 15, 2011 at 4:21 PM, Steven Adeff <adeffs.mythtv at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Sun, May 15, 2011 at 7:13 PM, John Drescher <drescherjm at gmail.com> wrote:

>>> ...figures. I just got myself a 430.
>>>

>> I am not so sure the 430 is less powerful than the 520. I mean the 430
>> has 2 times the stream processors. Although the 520 uses less max
>> power.
>>
>> http://solidlystated.com/hardware/gt-520-vs-gt-430/
>
> yea, I believe the 520 is just a "half" 430, so the VDPAU abilities
> are the same. but as mentioned it does use less power, which for some
> is reason enough to go for the 520 over the 430.

So to slightly resurrect this thread - one concern with the 520 is
whether or not it has enough processing power to manage vdpau 2x
advanced deinterlacing for 1080i content.  Although the 520 should
replace the 220 (which can do advanced 2x on 1080i), it looks like it
has it has fewer texture/filter units and ROP's than the 220.  Not
sure what the practical implications are.

Can anyone with the 520 verify that it can do 1080i 2x advanced deinterlacing?

[AA] According to http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nvidia_PureVideo#Table_of_PureVideo_.28HD.29_GPUs a GT520 is VP4 and VDPAU C capable.
I have a GT 240 which does this without a sweat, you can compare here: http://www.gpureview.com/show_cards.php?card1=650&card2=620

This e-mail, and any files and attachments transmitted with it, is confidential. It is intended for the sole use of the named recipients(s) only. If you have received this message in error, please immediately notify us by replying to this message and then permanently delete it. Any views and opinions expressed are those of the individual author/sender and are not necessarily shared or endorsed by INTRASOFT International SA or any associated or related company. This e-mail transmission is not binding for the purposes of forming a contract and does not form a contractual obligation of any type.