[mythtv-users] Error: Setting hardware audio buffer size to 6016

Dan Wilga mythtv-users2 at dwilga-linux1.amherst.edu
Mon May 23 14:44:39 UTC 2011

On 5/20/11 10:15 PM, Jean-Yves Avenard wrote:
> On 21 May 2011 12:02, Brent Bolin<brent.bolin at gmail.com>  wrote:
>
>> I have just compiled from source to get mythzoneminder to work with
>> the correct colors
>>
>> git clone -b fixes/0.24 git://github.com/MythTV/mythtv.git
>>
>> Mythtv is working fine but I'm seeing an error message that I've never
>> seen before -
>>
> What type of audio are you trying to play that would make it require
> so much buffer?

FWIW, I, too, started seeing this warning with recent (I just
re-compiled 5/20) 0.24-fixes releases. In my case, I was able to get rid
of it with these lines, which I also added to my rc.local:

   chmod g+w /proc/asound/card0/pcm0p/sub0/prealloc
   chgrp audio /proc/asound/card0/pcm0p/sub0/prealloc

(The user I run MFE as is part of the "audio" group.)

My system has an ION 330 with Realtek ALC888S. I'm also getting some
occasional audio popping that wasn't there in a compile from mid-April.
I'll run with verbose logging when I get a chance.

00:08.0 Audio device: nVidia Corporation MCP79 High Definition Audio
(rev b1)
         Subsystem: Foxconn International, Inc. Device 0d52
         Flags: bus master, 66MHz, fast devsel, latency 0, IRQ 22
         Memory at fae78000 (32-bit, non-prefetchable) [size=16K]
         Kernel driver in use: HDA Intel
         Kernel modules: snd-hda-intel