[mythtv-users] Playback problem -- random short pauses

Jean-Yves Avenard jyavenard at gmail.com
Mon May 23 02:43:46 UTC 2011

On 23 May 2011 11:26, Steven Adeff <adeffs.mythtv at gmail.com> wrote:

> Has anyone checked the SQL usage? if the ringbuffer setting isn't
> affecting things, perhaps it's SQL that needs to be accessed faster?
> Perhaps we need to start looking into SQL tweaks?

A quick note...

I believe I am suffering the same issue here ; which cause the audio
to pause for a few seconds here and there as the hdmi amplifier needs
to resync..

They are extremely short pauses ; like barely noticeable. This is on a
brand new backend with a i5-2300 processor (2.8GHz quad-core
sandy-bridge) ; hardly a slow machine!

It only occurs with a recording or live TV ; through mythvideo it never occurs
JY