[mythtv-users] HVR-950Q intermittent failure

Mark Lord mythtv at rtr.ca
Fri May 20 03:42:35 UTC 2011

On 11-05-13 09:30 AM, George Mari wrote:
> I'm getting an occasional failure to record off the DVB/ATSC side of my
> new HVR-950Q tuner.  The recording file never appears in my recordings
> directory - not a zero length file, just no file at all.  Once the tuner
> seems to get in this state, the only thing that seems to be able to fix
> is a reboot.  (I can't seem to figure out what's keeping the device node
> open, so I haven't been able to reload the device driver(s).  I'm not
> using the analog side of the tuner.
..
> I am using the no_poweroff=1 option for the xc5000 driver.
>
> One thing I have been able to glean from the backend log is this message
> that appears just before mythtv attempts to tune to the channel needing
> to be recorded:  (one example below)
>
> 2011-05-10 07:00:03.386 PIDInfo(/dev/dvb/adapter0/frontend0) Error:
> Failed to set TS filter (pid 0x0)
>
> This happens consistently with every failed recording, and I don't see
> it at any other time.
>
> Has anyone else seen similar behavior with their 959Q tuner, on the ATSC
> side, at least?

Yeah, I've seen that here from time to time with the 950Q.
But usually only when I'm goofing around fiddling with stuff.
There's definitely something slightly glitchy in there.

My mythtv box powers down (automatically) between recordings,
so the 950Q regularly gets power-cycled with it, so normally no issues here.

Cheers