[mythtv-users] HDHomerun Prime - Preorders official on newegg

Tom Bongiorno two.bits.11 at gmail.com
Mon May 16 14:42:33 UTC 2011

On Mon, May 16, 2011 at 10:34 AM, Matt Emmott <memmott at gmail.com> wrote:

> Thanks and yeah, I knew I wasn't asking the correct question but I knew you
> guys would get the gist.  :-) So, I guess we don't know yet?

I believe that Comcast only uses MPEG-2 and possibly MPEG-4.  The HDHR PRIME
streams will be in the exact same format as your HDHR (QAM) with the
exception of re-encryption on copy-once material.  Since you can handle the
streams from you current HDHR (QAM), you are good to go.

Remember, copy-once material will only play/record on Win7MC.