[mythtv-users] UPnP, DLNA and Aspect Ratio

David Watkins watkinshome at gmail.com
Mon May 16 12:03:59 UTC 2011

Having recently succeeded in recording some HD DVB-T2 material into
MythTV, I've treated myself to my first HD Television:  an LG32LE4900.

Lots of new features to play with, one of which is DLNA.

The TV finds my MythTV box, and serves up and plays Myth's TV
recordings quite well,  but it plays them back in 4:3 format, with
black bars down the sides.  The TV offers two screen sizes during
playback: "Full" and "Original", but both give the same 4:3 aspect
ratio.

Now as far as I can tell this is something the TV should sort out
rather than MythTV (I'm going to try and play the same files via the
USB interface), but I thought I'd ask....

Is there anything within MythTV UPnP, that can be tweaked, that would
affect the aspect ratio with which the DLNA client plays the video?
I've browsed through the MythTV UPnP wiki pages but can't see anything
that looks particularly relevant.

When playing the same files via the Myth frontend they play in 16:9 format.

Otherwise I assume t

Thanks