[mythtv-users] Best VDPAU card for under $50

Greg Hormann ghormann at alumni.indiana.edu
Sun May 15 18:03:30 UTC 2011

On Sun, May 15, 2011 at 1:13 PM, Michelle Dupuis <mdupuis at ocg.ca> wrote:
> I'm investigating choppy audio/sudio sync issues on new (used box, new to
> me) front-end and I suspect my video card isn't keeping up.  I would like to
> get a VDPAU video card, ideally one without fan (passive cooling only).
>
> First, what is the best one I can get that meets these criteria?
>
> Second, what is the cheapest one I can get that meet these criteria?  (That
> won't be obsoleted/unsupported shortly)

NVidia GT220 - $60 - The GT220 is the cheapest Version C card that
will decode everything the HDHomeRun, HDPVR and Firewire tuners will
throw at you AND will also perform the higher quality tranforms
(deinterlacing, scaling, etc)

There are fanless versions, but I found the one below super quite

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814500129&cm_re=NVidia_GT220-_-14-500-129-_-Product

Greg.