[mythtv-users] One show keeps going to descriptive audio in English AC3 2ch

Marc Sherman msherman at projectile.ca
Fri May 13 13:45:55 UTC 2011

On 5/11/2011 11:30 PM, Ian Evans wrote:

> Just wanted to follow up on this. Got another email from the station
> engineer tonight saying that the "undetermined 5.1 " was gone at
> their end:
>
> "We were monitoring the signal on three Tv sets and the main 5.1
> program audio came through. Also, we were able to select the DV audio
> which was shown as Audio 2 English. Audio 1 was the main 5.1 and was
> also shown as English.

I've been seeing the same problems with The Daily Show and The Colbert
Report on CFTO. Last night's recordings are still showing undetermined
as the language code for the 5.1 audio track.

At least the secondary audio track doesn't have any descriptive audio in
those shows. Instead, it's a mono mixdown of the 5.1, but broadcast only
on the left stereo channel, with the right channel silent. :/

Who were you speaking to at the station? I was the one who had the
misadventures on the phone trying to get them to fix their PSIP. A more
clueful contact there would be a good thing to know.

- Marc