[mythtv-users] One show keeps going to descriptive audio in English AC3 2ch

Ian Evans dheianevans at gmail.com
Thu May 12 03:30:05 UTC 2011

On Mon, May 9, 2011 at 9:50 AM, Daniel Kristjansson
<danielk at cuymedia.net> wrote:
> I am quite certain the station engineers will want to fix this
> problem quickly. Assuming you reach one and they believe you.
> If this is a new problem they can probably get their new PSIP
> device vendor to jump on it.

Just wanted to follow up on this. Got another email from the station
engineer tonight saying that the "undetermined 5.1 " was gone at their
end:

"We were monitoring the signal on three Tv sets and the main 5.1
program audio came
through. Also, we were able to select the DV audio which was shown as Audio 2
English. Audio 1 was the main 5.1 and was also shown as English.

Try rescanning the ota channels on your set as remnants of the "old" signal may
still be in the memory of your tuner."

Is there anything I'd need to do in either MythTV or the HD Homerun to
fix this? Is he right in suggesting a new channel scan?