[mythtv-users] Spin down drives

Fa fayoeu at gmail.com
Tue May 10 16:00:08 UTC 2011

I been tinkering around.  Setting the spindown to 30 mins via  "hdparm -S
241/dev/sda".  However, i am finding hard to track down the things which are
writing to the drives.  Sure I can use lsof or fuser to find them, but
that's just a hassle.  Oh, I also tried to add noatime to my fstab.

LABEL=mythtv2           /export/data2           xfs
defaults,noatime,allocsize=512m 0 0

For some reason, I can only get 1 drive out of my 9 drives to spin down.  I
am still chasing after processes that seems to access them at regular
intervals.  I am trying to aggressively save electricity and this server is
the biggest draw.