[mythtv-users] Screen capture in a paused recording?

Wes Brown thewbman at gmail.com
Sun May 8 06:02:49 UTC 2011

On Mon, Apr 11, 2011 at 5:20 PM, <david.scott.day at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi Gavin
>
> Thanks, I found it.  Now off to learn how to map it.....
>
> Dave
>
> On Mon, 11 Apr 2011, Gavin Hurlbut wrote:
>
> > On Mon, Apr 11, 2011 at 2:13 PM, <david.scott.day at gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> > > Is there a convenient way to do a screen capture in MythTV while a
> > > recording is paused on the screen?
> > >

> > Yes.  You will need to go into the key mapping to map it to a key (or
> remote
> > button), but there is a SCREENSHOT action for that very purpose.  I have
> it
> > mapped to the little blue button on my remote.

You can also get the screenshot directly from the frontend's XML interface.
I believe each time you call this it takes a new screenshot and returns it
as an image over HTTP.  I would guess this would probably give you a blank
screenshot if you are getting that elsewhere, but I am not sure.

"http://frontend-address:6547/MythFE/GetScreenShot"