[mythtv-users] union file systems: unionfs vs aufs vs mhddfs vs etc

Steven Adeff adeffs.mythtv at gmail.com
Thu May 5 16:13:56 UTC 2011

On Thu, May 5, 2011 at 12:07 PM, Richard Shaw <hobbes1069 at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Thu, May 5, 2011 at 11:02 AM, Steven Adeff <adeffs.mythtv at gmail.com> wrote:
>> When I initially tried to set MythVideo to use the storage group
>> instead of pointing it to a specific directory, all the content was
>> "mashed" together, so TV shows, movies, etc. that I like to have in
>> separated "folders" within the MythVideo interface were all one and
>> the same. Right now I have my directories with this content, which
>> sits on a couple different drives bind'ed all within one directory for
>> MythVideo to look at. I've recently filled these drives and purchased
>> a few more but would rather not have TV1, TV2, Movies1, Movies2, in
>> the tree structure.
>
> Did you try to change the view from mythvideo? I know I use a view
> that shows all my folders and sub-folders without issue. I think I'm
> using "Tree view".
>
> Richard

at the time I did. I believe I currently use "tree view" as well, but
I give MythVideo a specific folder to look at which bypasses the use
of the storage groups.

when I get home from work I'll give it another shot and see if I can
find the right combination of view options.

--
Steve
Before you ask, read the FAQ!