[mythtv-users] HD Resolutions

Steven Adeff adeffs.mythtv at gmail.com
Thu May 5 14:58:58 UTC 2011

On Thu, May 5, 2011 at 6:59 AM, Andre <mythtv-list at dinkum.org.uk> wrote:
> On 5 May 2011, at 10:52, Jacob Mansfield wrote:
> In tests many viewers find fast camera pans used in sports TV nausea inducing when 720p50 or 60 is used.
> Provided there is consideration and understanding of the issues  sports at 50 or 60 frames is vastly better,
> especially noticeable on poorer flat screen TVs.

Do you have any references for these tests? I find it hard to imagine
that fast camera pans at such a high frame rate would be able to
induce nausea where 25/30frames don't. I imagine the issue had more to
do with the TV itself not the frame rate (ie LCD's suck at fast
motion, thus all the 120hz, 240hz 10E19hz, etc...)

--
Steve
Before you ask, read the FAQ!