[mythtv-users] "Scan for New Music" stopped working

Steven Adeff adeffs.mythtv at gmail.com
Wed May 4 18:20:50 UTC 2011

On Wed, May 4, 2011 at 2:19 PM, Roald <roalda at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I have plenty of songs (>50000) in MythMusic and use it quite often.
> Today I was gonna add some new cds that I had ripped. I added them to
> /video/music where I have all my music. But when using "Scan for New
> Music" nothing happens, not even an error message! I tried on several
> frontends and the backend, but it wont work on any.

I've had a similar problem when my library hit a certain size. What I found
that solved it was to go into the Music Settings first, then select scan
music. Apparently it needs to load the library before it can scan it
properly. Don't know why, but it's worked for me every time since I
encountered it.

--
Steve
Before you ask, read the FAQ!