[mythtv-users] nuvexport audio sync

Jean-Yves Avenard jyavenard at gmail.com
Wed May 4 14:25:14 UTC 2011

On 5 May 2011 00:18, Dan Wilga <mythtv-users2 at dwilga-linux1.amherst.edu> wrote:

> So, if I understand correctly, there is no way to pass through all of
> the original audio data when transcoding to a .nuv container. Your

That's right.

nuv currently can only supports a mp3 stream and a stereo 16bits PCM track.
There's preliminary support for having an AC3 stream in myth's nuv but
it's not complete ; and from what I can tell, this would be only
working with mythtv anyway (ffmpeg or VLC nuv support only support AC3
and stereo PCM)

This comes from reading the nuv code and not from actually testing ;
so I may be incorrect
JY