[mythtv-users] For the sake of PERL myth will not install (Debian)...

stuart stuart at xnet.com
Wed May 4 12:48:59 UTC 2011

Hi...

I don't see it.  I've a mythtv install problem.  But it looks like it's
because Debian PERL dependencies are broken.  How can that be?  Everyone
should be having a fit!

It starts like this:
mythtv-common depends on mysql-client

> # apt-get install mythtv-common
> Reading package lists... Done
> Building dependency tree
> Reading state information... Done
> or been moved out of Incoming.

>  mythtv-common : Depends: mysql-client
> E: Broken packages

Then:
mysql-client depends on mysql-client-5.1

Then:
mysql-client-5.1 depends on libdbd-mysql-perl

Then:
libdbd-mysql-perl depends on perlapi-5.10.1

Then:
Package 'perlapi-5.10.1' has no installation candidate

Poof! Mythtv doesn't go in!

-any help appreciated, thanks