[mythtv-users] Window focus issue in welcome screen

Manuel McLure manuel at mclure.org
Wed May 4 00:50:44 UTC 2011

On Tue, May 3, 2011 at 11:46 AM, Michael T. Dean
<mtdean at thirdcontact.com> wrote:
> To be really impressed, see, also:
>
> http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/Frequently_Asked_Questions#Do_I_really_need_a_window_manager_for_a_frontend_only_box.3F
>
> and
>
> http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/mythtv/users/230354#230354
>
> (the latter showing that RatPoison only uses an additional 300kiB (yes,
> kilo, not mega) of RAM compared to using no Window Manager at all--but
> with RatPoison, your windows are properly managed and placed and stacked).

I find evilwm to be even smaller - 388K for evilwm vs. 524K for
ratpoison on my machine (64-bit Gentoo.) I built ratpoison with the
minimal configuration (no history or Xft.)
--
Manuel A. McLure WW1FA <manuel at mclure.org> <http://www.mclure.org>
...for in Ulthar, according to an ancient and significant law,