[mythtv-users] How MythTV Works / Custom Front End

Raymond Wagner raymond at wagnerrp.com
Tue May 3 23:05:59 UTC 2011

On 5/3/2011 17:07, Ajay Sharma wrote:
> On Tue, May 3, 2011 at 8:05 AM, Benn Cass (STAFF)
> <BennCass at leggott.ac.uk>  wrote:
>> OK - everything seems to be pointing that I'm doing this in the wrong
>> way.
> I think the best way might be to implement your own "mythweb" page
> using the php bindings.  I couldn't find any docs on them so maybe you
> can just read the code:
>
> https://github.com/MythTV/mythtv/tree/master/mythtv/bindings/php
>
> Hopefully they work similar to the python bindings which are
> documented on the wiki:
>
> http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/Category:0.24_Python_Bindings

The Python bindings are really the only set written without any specific
application in mind.  The perl bindings are a series of methods
originally ripped out of nuvexport, and slowly added to over the years.
The php bindings are a series of methods ripped out of mythweb just a
few months ago and only existing in 0.25.

That is not meant to discourage anyone from using either of them.  On
the contrary, anyone wishing to patch in additional methods to suit
their needs would be much appreciated.