[mythtv-users] How MythTV Works / Custom Front End

Kevin Kuphal kkuphal at gmail.com
Tue May 3 18:13:22 UTC 2011

On Tue, May 3, 2011 at 10:05 AM, Benn Cass (STAFF)
<BennCass at leggott.ac.uk>wrote:

> OK - everything seems to be pointing that I'm doing this in the wrong
> way.
>
> Is there a way I can keep the mythtvweb page as it is but create a new
> mythwebpage for my users to access which just shows the tv guide and
> allows them to start a recording only. Ie no other options and cannot
> stop a recording?

Not out of the box, but being open source, you'd be free to modify Mythweb
to do what you want.  MythTV is designed as a home PVR/DVR and as such isn't
geared towards limited or per-user configurations although such ideas have
been discussed in the past.

Kevin