[mythtv-users] Window focus issue in welcome screen

E. Westbrook mythtv-users at westbrook.com
Tue May 3 17:43:38 UTC 2011

On Fri, Apr 29, 2011 at 08:06, Michael T. Dean <mtdean at thirdcontact.com>wrote:

> FWIW, using RatPoison as a Window Manager is a great solution.

Wow!  I'd never heard of RatPoison before this thread, and having looked
into it now, I will definitely be diving in head-first.  It seems IDEAL for
MythTV, as it promises to be super lightweight (only 18,000 lines of code
including whitespace, are you kidding me?), super simple (learning curve
nothwithstanding), and all windows apparently go precisely where you say
they should, full stop.  It also looks to be deeply satisfying for a
/usr/bin/screen devotee and high-speed touch-typist like me.

Thanks so much for the tip, francis3 and Michael!

Eric