[mythtv-users] HDHomeRun Prime up for pre-order at Amazon

Josh Rosenberg mythtv at desh.info
Mon May 2 16:00:13 UTC 2011

So do people expect that a Prime will work in Myth as it exists now?
If you just plug in the Prime and tell Myth to look for your HDHR,
will it just work?

If not, what are the various steps we have to wait for before this
will work?  (Linux drivers?  Specific myth backend support?  A new
kind of channel scanning?)  Do those with a knowledge of the code base
think this will be a quicker or slower process?

Obviously no one will know the answers with 100% certainty before
someone actually has a Prime, but I'm trying to get a sense of whether
I should pre-order or not.

Thanks!

Josh