[mythtv-users] Screwed System

sarah at sarahhayes.is-a-geek.net sarah at sarahhayes.is-a-geek.net
Mon May 2 14:10:33 UTC 2011

> To paraphrase C3PO: "I think I may have done something rather rash".

A little rash but nothing that can't be fixed with a hammer, I don't know
how to do this from the command line and my Mythbuntu VM is on another
machine I can't get to right now so working from memory.   On the backend
fire up whatever GUI you use (or install vncserver) and run the mythbuntu
control panel.

Buried in there should be the version of Myth to use.  Select 0.24 and it
should, hopefully, start updating the rest of the packages to use that
version.

After that run the myth backend config tool (can't remember the exact name
it gives in the menus) and it and the updated frontend(s) it should start
overhauling the database and fire up again.

I think.