[mythtv-users] Screwed System

MH Acct mh_acct2 at yahoo.co.uk
Mon May 2 13:57:03 UTC 2011

To paraphrase C3PO: "I think I may have done something rather rash".  I run a separate back and front end and my frontend updated to 0.24 as part of a distro upgrade and hence started throwing DB version errors when connecting. Rather than forcing it back down I thought I would update my backend to 0.24 so I grabbed the deb (I use Mythbuntu) from http://www.mythbuntu.org/repos installed it with dpkg -i then set it to use the latest versions from PPA and ran apt-get update then apt-get upgrade.  However after this everything went wrong and the backend won't start - I now get an error when doing mythbackend --version "mythbackend: error while loading shared libraries@ libmythtv-0.23.1.so.0: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory".  I've tried removing the lates repo, then removing mythtv/mythtv-backend/mythtv-backend-master and installing then again via apt-get but I still get the same error.  I've check dpkg -l myth* and the
 mythtv-database was still at 0.24 so I removed that and installed it again and that's ok at 0.23 but I still get that same message.  I don't mind whether I go up to 0.24 or down at 0.23 so long as it works, any ideas on how I can fix this?  Even if it involves completely removing mythtv from mythbuntu and reinstalling it, I don't mind, I just don't want to have to haul the box out of its cubby-hole and having to connect up a monitor and keyboard to reinstall mythbuntu completely.Thx MH