[mythtv-users] trandcoding messes up 6 channel audio slow audio playback

Dan Wilga mythtv-users2 at dwilga-linux1.amherst.edu
Mon May 2 13:32:04 UTC 2011

On 4/29/11 6:49 PM, Jean-Yves Avenard wrote:
> On 29 April 2011 23:39, Dan Wilga
> <mythtv-users2 at dwilga-linux1.amherst.edu>  wrote:
>

>> However, it downmixes the audio from 5.1 AC3 to Pro Logic 4.1--which is
>> an issue that has been there for a long time. Why it's so difficult to
>> have an option to simply pass the audio through unmodified, is beyond me.
>>
> You configured it to encode the audio as MP3 ; how is it "unmodified"?
> Now that's beyond me...

I'm currently using MP3, because the last time I tried the
"uncompressed" setting, it still resulted in fewer channels. So I figure
if I have to lose data one way or the other, I might as well save a
little more disk space by using MP3 encoding at the highest quality setting.

Has the lossyness of "uncompressed" been changed in 0.24-fixes? If not,
could an option to copy the original data without change be added?
(Please understand that I don't mean this sarcastically; I really do
appreciate all the work you've put into the audio portion of Myth.) I
tried Googling, and couldn't come up with anything more recent than this
ancient thread, where a dev says he had been working on it: