[mythtv-users] HDHomeRun Prime up for pre-order at Amazon

Ronald Frazier ron at ronfrazier.net
Mon May 2 10:57:07 UTC 2011

Awesome. Thanks for posting this. Although the MSRP hasn't yet been
announced (I'm not sure that Amazon's $217.20 list price looks like an
official MSRP), I believe it was expected to be $249, which makes this
a pretty good price.

SiliconDust just announced unofficially in their forum a few hours ago
that this device has FINALLY passed certification at cable labs, so
they can finally get on with production. They said the 6 tuner unit
will be released first, and then the 3 tuner unit shortly after that.
However, their post also makes it sound as if Amazon is not one of the
official pre-order retailers, and thus will not be the first to get
shipments (so there may be a wait if you order through them). I expect
there will be an official announcement made real soon.