[mythtv-users] SL6 Kernel/nVidia Drivers

Ben Kamen bkamen at benjammin.net
Sun May 1 16:11:37 UTC 2011

On 5/1/2011 6:51 AM, John Pilkington wrote:

> I'm not clear what your problem is, and if you are hoping to run SL6
> from ATrpms the ATrpms-user list would seem a better place to ask,
> although traffic there recently has been fairly sparse.
>
> The ATrpms download site has 'kmdls' for a wide range of Nvidia drivers,
> but you need to select the one your hardware needs by referring to this:
>
> http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=122606
>
> If the series 173 _is_ the one you need you should be able to find the
> modules that you want here:
>
> http://dl.atrpms.net/sl6-x86_64/atrpms/stable/
>
> I'm not sure how much help yum (or you) needs in making the selections,
> but it looks to me as if you ought to be able to find the modules that
> you need.

Nope - got that part fixed. I just downloaded the latest nvidia driver from nvidia's website and let it compile itself against my newer kernel.

So that part is done.

Now sitting at the goofy error message which now I've come to find is a QT version issue. If what I read was correct (here: https://mknowles.com.au/wordpress/2011/04/09/installing-mythbackend-on-sl6/ )

I need to install QT47 on SL6 (even thouh QT46 is install) and now of course if I want to remove QT... (via yum) a whole bunch of dependancies
are removed with it even though I just want to slide one QT version for another. (yuk -- definitely not yum.)

Anyone know a trick for this kind of switch?

Thanks,

  -Ben