[mythtv-users] How do I disable a tuner

Jean-Yves Avenard jyavenard at gmail.com
Sun May 1 00:58:18 UTC 2011

On 30 April 2011 15:14, Michael T. Dean <mtdean at thirdcontact.com> wrote:

> Capture Card order has no relevance to recording input selection order.
> Capture Card order only affects Live TV input selection order and /only/
> if you enable, "Avoid conflicts between Live TV and scheduled shows."
>
> Input Connection order specifies recording input selection order.

So why when working with multiplex do we see instructions about
setting the DVB-T cards with one multiplex only first. Then once all
the DVB-T cards have been registered ; then you go back and edit them
to enable the multiplex.

So the tuner look like (on mine)
Encoder 1 [ DVB : /dev/dvb/adapter0/frontend0 ] is local on
htpc.avenard.org and is not recording.
Encoder 2 [ DVB : /dev/dvb/adapter1/frontend0 ] is local on
htpc.avenard.org and is not recording.
Encoder 3 [ DVB : /dev/dvb/adapter2/frontend0 ] is local on
htpc.avenard.org and is not recording.
Encoder 4 [ DVB : /dev/dvb/adapter3/frontend0 ] is local on
htpc.avenard.org and is not recording.
Encoder 5 [ FREEBOX :
http://www.avenard.org/iptv/playlist-tpg-myth.m3u ] is local on
htpc.avenard.org and is not recording.
Encoder 6 [ DVB : /dev/dvb/adapter0/frontend0 ] is local on
htpc.avenard.org and is not recording.
Encoder 7 [ DVB : /dev/dvb/adapter1/frontend0 ] is local on
htpc.avenard.org and is not recording.
Encoder 8 [ DVB : /dev/dvb/adapter2/frontend0 ] is local on
htpc.avenard.org and is not recording.
Encoder 9 [ DVB : /dev/dvb/adapter3/frontend0 ] is local on
htpc.avenard.org and is not recording.

So there's no conflicts between virtual tuners (multiplex) and physical ones