[mythtv-users] Digital switchover channel confusion

John Pilkington J.Pilk at tesco.net
Wed Mar 30 20:19:06 UTC 2011

On 30/03/11 13:16, John Pilkington wrote:
> Hi: My region (UK Central) is entering Digital Switchover and I lost
> three early-morning recordings last night because of transmitter work.
> It looks as if several rescans will be needed in the next few months.
>
> I just did a full rescan and found several duplicate channels, and I
> couldn't see a way of identifying the source of each in the mythtvsetup
> GUI.  The transport editor showed one new transport and one that had
> shifted frequency.  ISTR that the GUI used to show the frequency,
> transport id, etc, for each channel, but I couldn't find it in
> 0.24-fixes.  Eventually I realised that the terminal log showed the info
> I wanted.  I deleted the new transport and 'rescanned existing
> transports' and I hope I have a sane system again - although I do still
> see some duplicates and may need to do a few more deletions.
>
> Maybe this note will help someone else.

For the Waltham transmitter the multiplexes are now on 490, 538, 570,
642, 666 and 698 MHz.  The 538 has moved from 514.  The 'new' multiplex
that I saw ( and deleted) was from the Nottingham relay.  I think I
should have deleted all channels before scanning the new set of muxes;
I'll try that later.

John P