[mythtv-users] What happened to "use video as timebase" checkbox?

scram69 scram69 at gmail.com
Wed Mar 30 15:59:43 UTC 2011

On Tue, Mar 29, 2011 at 8:41 PM, Robert McNamara
<robert.mcnamara at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Tue, Mar 29, 2011 at 8:35 PM, scram69 <scram69 at gmail.com> wrote:
>> After upgrading to 0.24 from 0.23, I immediately suffered poor
>> playback for 720p content that -v playback revealed was due to A/V
>> sync issues.  After dredging through a number of old threads, I
>> discovered my issue is very similar to one that was solved in ticket
>> #7759: http://code.mythtv.org/trac/ticket/7759
>>
>> The only catch, reading through the thread that is referenced in the
>> ticket, is that the patch is only effective if "use video as timebase"
>> is unchecked.
>
> The setting was removed, as was the concept of using video as a
> timebase-- in essence, all playback is now as though that checkbox was
> unchecked.  We closed literally dozens of tickets with playback issues
> caused by it being activated, and there was no problem that it
> solved-- it was basically an experimental stub that never evolved into
> anything.
>
> If you are still seeing issues, you can post a -v playback log and we
> can try to tell you what's going on, but the setting/functionality was
> a huge cause of playback problems.
>
> Robert

Robert,
Thanks for the clarification.  I can put that theory to rest...

After discussion toward the end of this thread:

I opened a ticket and posted logs several weeks ago:
http://code.mythtv.org/trac/ticket/9650
In the mean time I had just been trying to do a little due diligence
in case the issue had been investigated previously...

Steve