[mythtv-users] Great experience with MythTV

Robert McNamara robert.mcnamara at gmail.com
Wed Mar 30 00:08:55 UTC 2011

On Tue, Mar 29, 2011 at 5:05 PM, Devin Heitmueller
<dheitmueller at kernellabs.com> wrote:

> Just watch out if you plan on doing analog with the 950Q.  There is an
> outstanding issue related to analog audio capture intermittently
> failing.
>
> Regards,
>
> Devin
> (the HVR-950Q driver guy)

And as much as it would be nice to claim the credit, it's v4l-dvb that
provides us an interface that makes any DVB API device behave the same
as the next of the same type.... Myth only knows to attach a lineup to
adapter0, it's not particularly smart in that respect.  I'm glad it
worked well in your case, though :)

We're working on our setup rewrite and we *do* hope to be able to do
some very clever and user friendly things this go-round, though.

Robert
(a) MythTV guy