[mythtv-users] Newb DVB-S Question

Ken Smith kens at kensnet.org
Tue Mar 29 20:52:37 UTC 2011

Hi, this is a really newbie question.

I'm trying to get DVB-S working using a 4 output LNB to receive Freesat
in the UK. A conventional satellite receiver uses one of the other
outputs and works OK. The Myth system has a Hauppauge DVB-S2 card.

What DiSEqC setting would be appropriate? I've tried the simple LNB
setting and scanned the frequency 10773000, Horizontal at 22000 rate,
hoping that I'd get bunch of BBC channels. The scan says 'lock' but
finds no channels. Its a myth 0.24 system.

I'm probably doing something really silly but with my inexperience I
don't know what....yet...

Thanks

Ken

believed to be clean.