[mythtv-users] Do you build mythtv from source, and why?

Frans Grotepass fmgrotepass at yahoo.co.uk
Tue Mar 29 14:27:57 UTC 2011

On Tue, 29 Mar 2011 10:47:58 +1100
Jean-Yves Avenard <jyavenard at gmail.com> wrote:

> As for compilation flags; in these days and age; I doubt you would
> notice the difference performance wise following *tweaks* on the
> compiler

Is that so? The Atom that is often used in MythTV, a light weight
processor with a rich instruction set with many extensions for
multimedia processing should benefit by it. It is specifically in this
day and age with more extensive instruction sets that sticking with
just the i386 instruction set wastes the functionality.

Regards, Frans