[mythtv-users] how to get Hauppauge gray remote (PVR-250) working under kernel 2.6.38

Boleslaw Ciesielski bc-mythtv at comcast.net
Tue Mar 29 01:46:54 UTC 2011

On 03/28/2011 08:19 PM, Audio Phile wrote:
> On Mon Mar 28 22:19:59 UTC 2011, David Krainess davidkrainess wrote:
>
>> I have a PVR250 working with the gray remote, you're doing exactly
>> what I do, except...
>
>> modprobe ir-kbd-i2c hauppauge=1
>
> Thanks for the suggestion.  I tried this and it seems as though the
> number keys and the "ok" button work, but nothing else (arrows, back,
> power etc.).  What are you using for your /etc/lirc/lircd.conf for
> this remote and is editing this file how I need to program it?

FWIW, attached is the lircd.conf and keytable file that I am using with
PVR-350 (PVR-250 should be the same) and the Hauppauge grey remote. Put
the keytable file in /etc/rc_keymaps and add this to /etc/rc_maps.cfg:

*       rc-rc5-tv                hauppauge_grey

At least this works on Fedora 14...

Bolek