[mythtv-users] Air Video and Mythfs FUSE Mount

jmk jmk at foofus.net
Mon Mar 28 17:58:33 UTC 2011

On Mon, 2011-03-28 at 09:35 -0700, scram69 wrote:
> It sounds like you are running the air video server on your Mac
> serving content from your backend that your Mac accesses via the FUSE
> mount (correct me if I've misunderstood).
> I've been quite successful with an alternate approach - running the
> Air Video server directly on my backend following
> http://wiki.birth-online.de/know-how/hardware/apple-iphone/airvideo-server-linux
> and using the latest server executable here:
> http://www.inmethod.com/forum/posts/list/1856.page
> Note: under Ubuntu 10.10, you no longer need the custom ffmpeg
>
> I run a mythlink.pl cron job that creates links to the recorded shows
> with nice titles for the iphone-
>
> HTH,
> Steve

I've run it on my Mac in the past, but my goal here is to get the server
running on my Linux Myth backend. I installed AirVideo from the PPA
discussed here:

http://blog.frameos.org/2011/02/08/installing-airvideo-linux-server-in-ubuntu/

I have it working now with a mythlink directory. However, I'd prefer to
use the FUSE mythfs.py script over mythlink to get realtime updates and
not have to wait for the cron job to run. It just seems a cleaner
approach to me. Unfortunately, AirVideo reports each recording as having
an invalid stream when accessed through the mount. I'm not sure why it
dislikes FUSE...

Joe