[mythtv-users] static sound when forwarding while watching recorded programs

Irumbo Mateene imateene at hotmail.com
Mon Mar 28 17:46:16 UTC 2011

I am running mythtv 0.24 on ubunt and I compiled from source.  When watching recorded programs (on Mythtv frontend) and I decide to skip forward or back in the ssegment I hear a loud static sound similar to what you get when switching to a tv channel that has no channel present.

Some times this sound will persist enventually after trying to jump to different segments of the show it will dissapear and I can hear the normal show.

I dont get this problem when I watch the program using vlc instead of the front end ..

If any one has experienced this and has a solution please let me know ..

thx

IM