[mythtv-users] Having different video sources per tuner type that are connected to a single SD lineup

John Drescher drescherjm at gmail.com
Sun Mar 27 15:54:47 UTC 2011

I have a few HD tuners that can only access 8 or so unencrypted HD
digital channels and a few analog tuners that (with a dta) can access
the rest but can not access the HD channels. For the past 3 or so
years I made use of SD having a separate analog and digital lineup.
But this week analog is supposed to be no more so I will not be able
to make use of having two separate lineups from SD.

So my question is how does one deal with SD lineups when you have
groups of tuners that can only access part of the lineup? I went into
my mythtv-setup and deleted the listing sources and created two
separate video sources for each group (Digital-DTA, Digital-HD)
however the problem is what is the best way to ensure that only the
available channels for each are in each set. I was going to the
mythtweb interface and delete channels or mark them invisible but this
seems very tedious and I would probably have to repeat this soon when
new channels will be added. This would have been very easy if SD
allowed us to create more than 1 instance of the same lineup but I do
not see a way for that yet.

--
John M. Drescher