[mythtv-users] HDHR dead?

Eric Sharkey eric at lisaneric.org
Sat Mar 26 13:09:53 UTC 2011

On Sat, Mar 26, 2011 at 8:56 AM, Scott & Nicole Harris
<snharris99 at live.com> wrote:
> HDHRs are known for power adapter issues (especially Gen 1).  I have one of
> my 3 units that has suffered a power adapter going bad twice now, and it
> displayed exactly the symptoms you describe.

I replaced my adapter a couple of years ago when the first one went.
Silicondust sent me a new one.  When the first one failed, the power
light hadn't come on full strength, it was weak and flickering.  This
time the light is still on strong.  But it still might be that.  The
HDHR needs 2 amps at 5 volts.  I'll see if I can find a compatible
supply.

Thanks,

Eric